How to Prevent Rodents in Your Glendale, La Canada, & Pasadena Home
Hydrex Pest Control Provides Rodent-Proofing Strategies
Hydrex Pest Control can help introduce rodent-proofing strategies that will prevent rats, mice, and other pests from nesting in your Glendale, La Canada, & Pasadena home. We have protected residential and commercial properties throughout Glendale, Pasadena, and the surrounding areas for more than 70 years, and we are committed to providing exceptional service to every customer. Common in the region are Norway rats, roof rats, and house mice, all of which can cause damage to your home and negatively affect the health of your family. We understand the habits of each, allowing us to successfully rodent-proof homes for their protection from rodents’ destructive behaviors. If you notice signs of a rat infestation on your property, contact our friendly team to schedule a free inspection and discuss potential strategies to keep your house and yard free of the pests.
Recognizing Signs of Rodent Infestation in Glendale, La Canada, & Pasadena
If you notice a rat or mouse in your Glendale-area home, there is a high likelihood that several more are nearby. Colonies of rodents invade homes through small entryways, many of which they create themselves by chewing or gnawing through your building materials. However, these creatures are fairly stealthy, so you may not notice their presence immediately. Be on the lookout for signs of rat infestations as well as the animals themselves. Examples you may find include:
- Damage to your property – Be wary of any unexplained damage to your floorboards, furniture legs, or other areas low to the ground. Rats and mice are prone to chewing and gnawing through them.
- Droppings – Another sign of rat infestations are the animals’ droppings. You may see the small, raisin-shaped evidence near food sources.
- Noises – Sometimes, you will hear a mouse or rat long before you see it. If you hear scurrying feet through your walls or under your floors, seek pest control from Hydrex Pest Control.
Understanding Why Rodent-Proofing is Important
Local pest control and rodent-proofing are critical to maintaining the structural integrity of your home and the health of your loved ones. A rodent problem may seem relatively insignificant if you only notice one or two scampering around your yard. But rats and mice can quickly multiply, causing issues such as:
- Structural damage – Every time a rodent chews or gnaws through your floorboards, walls, or foundation, it is weakening your home’s structural integrity. Furthermore, they can cause unseen damage behind your walls or beneath your floors that may be even more detrimental.
- Damage to your wires and systems – Rats’ propensity for chewing and gnawing extends to electrical wires and HVAC systems. By ignoring your rodent problem, you could end up needing to replace your air conditioner or be vulnerable to fires from faulty wiring.
- Health problems – Rodents carry germs and diseases that can harm you and your family. Do not risk health concerns by failing to seek the assistance of pest control experts.
Hydrex Pest Control Can Rodent-Proof Your Glendale, La Canada, & Pasadena Home
By understanding the habits of rodents in Glendale, La Canada, & Pasadena, Hydrex Pest Control has honed our ability to rodent-proof properties in Glendale, La Canada, & Pasadena for the protection of the structures and their inhabitants. Our strategies involve identifying conditions conducive to rodents’ survival and eliminating them. Rats and mice need food, water, and shelter from the elements. Our techniques help remove those elements to ensure the pests will not consider your home a viable option. Among the ways to prevent rodents from inhabiting your residential or commercial property are:
- Remove food and water sources – Without food or water, rodents cannot survive. Rats and mice often rely on food scraps or easy to access water sources, so be sure to eliminate them. You can do this by tightly sealing all food containers, cleaning up spilled food in cabinets and on floors, disposing of trash nightly, and drying any standing water, among other ways.
- Eliminate rodent habitats – Hydrex Pest Control can identify rodent habitats in your home and recommend their removal. It is prudent to remove all clutter and debris, trim yard vegetation regularly, and remove excess boxes in storage areas.
- Seal cracks and crevices – Do not make it easy for rats or mice to enter your home. Seal all cracks and crevices to block their path. These pests can fit through tiny areas, so be thorough in your sealing efforts.
- Utilize bait stations – Our team can provide bait stations to kill rodents that may force their way inside your living spaces. Utilize these rodenticides according to our recommendations to ensure safety.
Call Hydrex Pest Control Today
If you notice a rodent infestation in your Glendale, La Canada, & Pasadena home, call on the experts at Hydrex Pest Control for their prompt removal and effective rodent-proofing strategies. Failure to do so may result in damage to your property or health. We offer environmentally-friendly services at fair, competitive pricing to guarantee 100% customer satisfaction. Let us visit your home or office to perform a thorough inspection, identify areas for concern, and prevent rodents from returning. Contact us today to learn more.
Why Hire Us?
- Fair Pricing
- Great Customer Service
- Over 70 Years of Experience
- Free Estimates & Inspections
- Member of PCOC and NPMA
- Friendly, Knowledgeable Technicians